I Gotta Do What?!! provides a comprehensive set of tools for filmmakers to navigate the creation, financing, producing, and distribution of their films… Answers to getting your films made, seen, and sold worldwide.
We’re starting our first interactive workshop to help you be successful with your feature film. Maybe you have a great script you want to take the reins on and drive to success or maybe you’ve done this before, but need some help in taking it all to the next level. No matter what, the first of three sessions on the business of your film is now accepting enrollment.
Note: These workshops are being held in the Phoenix, Arizona area. If you want us to bring these courses to another town, please contact us here.
Session 1 (4 weeks for only $200) will encompass development of your project with the goal to have a complete package suitable for helping you raise the funding for your film. In this hands-on workshop you will learn about:
- Definition, Duties, and Responsibilities of being a Producer
- Relationship of Producer with all Talent, Craftsmen, and Departments
- Establishing your Production Company
- Finding / Creating that great script
- Breaking down and creating your shooting schedule.
- Creating your Film’s Budget
- Writing/Creating Business Plan
- Basic Understanding of Legal Procedure and Legal Agreements
- Introduction to Copyright & Trademark for Business
- Movie Income and other Revenue Sources
- Movie Business Risk Factors
- Raising Funding / Finding Investors
- Introduction Crowdfunding
- Joint Venture or Co-Production/Co-Producing
You will receive, in addition to hands-on training in a group environment, a free life-time membership to igottadowhat.com (a $125 value), business plan templates, union rate books, budgeting templates, and a start on the road to your feature film.
Session 2 (4 weeks; $200) will encompass preproduction and production. We can’t possibly teach you all aspects of production, but we will teach you how to surround yourself with skilled persons to get the job done.
Session 3 (4 weeks; $200) will focus on post production, sales, and delivery of your film. Don’t worry if you haven’t shot your film yet. We are going to focus on the business aspects that you will need to know before you get to this point to make yourself successful.